Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sound Therapy...What's Yours?

Sometimes you just need a little jazz. Or rock, or Celine. Wait. Maybe not.

There's nothing like a boost of energy or movement in the middle of the work day (and this goes for cubicle dwellers too!) I call it sound therapy in very broad terms. Two days ago, I came across this You Tube video and it did the trick. I was howlin', dancin' and smilin' in my Tina-wanna-be way! Cleared of some built up physical energy, I was able to return to my work refreshed...and grateful I could carry on like that with no witnesses.

There are others that share my music philosophy. Blip.fm has tapped into that with their be a DJ offer. Myspace has a ton of great music and artists too. There are often tweets suggesting tunes for people to listen to. Scott Stratten of @unmarketing is awesome for coming up with themed musak and has a significant playlist already. My friend @forrestbivens introduced me to Erika Badu and you can listen to FunkyForrest's playlist here. Mix it up, it's worth listening to.

If you're so far gone, and getting up and moving around isn't working for you, maybe going in the other mellow direction will help. In that case, you need to hook up with my friend @healingsinger, Brenda MacIntyre. Brenda has wonderul meditation and clearing medicine through her drums and native singing. She can be found on her blog here and her MySpace page here.

Finally, I'd like to introduce a new follower from Portugal, @vitorcunha who shared this link to his new EP Connect the Dots. I'm getting to know Vitor's music and look forward to the next one coming out...the most emotional one yet!

Sing people...it will only make you feel better.

Nimbly,
JCM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention Jen!