Thursday, December 4, 2008

Staying on Track if You're Not in the Race

I deserved it. Last post I was boasting about the benefits of working at home and how much drive and determination it took. Since then, I've been sick with the flu...and well, my drive is a little different now. But I'm still happy to be working from home. Although much less productive I'm still able to get into the work at hand for urgent matters and then retreat.

Enough of that. I'm on the mend and I wanted to share some links to a few products and businesses run by amazing women.

Here they are:

Susan Regier, Vantage One Writing and Publisher of Networking Today just launched a new website and franchise opportunity. She's an amazing role model and business woman! Check it out here: www.networkingtoday.com

Kat Tansey, Choosing To Be, just launched her new book, Choosing to Be - Lessons in Living from a Feline Zen Master. Kat has experience quite a journey and she is a delight to interact with. She also runs a radio show Finding Magic in Midlife on Exceptional Wisdom Radio.

On the same literary theme, Pauline Duncan-Thrasher has launched her book recently Swimmin' Women: Ride the Waves of Change and Dive into Life. She also speaks to groups on various topics. She's a very warm & gentle lady with lots of life experience and pizzazz for creating the life you want!

Finally, Dina Santorelli is the creator of Work, Home, You. I met Dina online and have loved her newsletter and style ever since. I even submitted for a contest she was offering and I won! The newsletters are short, relevant to working at home and nice to look at too! For the month of December (08) if you sign up for her newsletter you'll get a free mug...perfect for those of us working from home. Sign up here (at bottom of page). Can you tell which slogan I created?

The point I want to make in this post is the importance of the community and how we can support each other in celebrating successes, creating new opportunities, and the power or social media for whomever is willing to put in the time. Flu or not, I still checked in with my buddies; thank God there's no video cam!

Nimbly,
JCM

1 comment:

T.A. Smith said...

Jen

I'd bet you at 40% still get more done than most people at "dfull throttle"

Get well soon :):)

Timothy